Monday, August 20, 2007

Day of Firsts

Hi All,

Yesterday I had a couple of "firsts."

In the morning, I went out for my first outing just with mum (without dad). We went to get a couple of things from the shops so mum had to do the pram by herself, put me into my car seat etc. She did really well and it turns out it wasn't that hard at all. It did however mess up the schedule for the rest of the day which probably made my other "first" more difficult.

In the evening we went to church for the first time. It started pretty well - we got to the hall at 5pm so dad could help set up sound stuff for the meeting which was good timing because mum gave me my 5pm feed in the cry room. Then I got to meet lots of people who thought I was adorable (of course). Then I slept through the first half an hour of the service before starting to wake for my 6.30pm feed. Mum took me to the cry room again for my feed where I proceeded to feed for 1 1/2 hours!! instead of my usual 30 minutes. By the time the meeting ended at 8pm mum was absolutely exhausted so dad got us in the car quickly so we could go home. I then screamed the whole way home (which is strange because usually the car ride puts me straight to sleep). Dad put mum in the bath so should could relax before going to bed while I continued to scream in my cot. Mum and Dad worked on the assumption that given how much I'd drunk there was no possible way I could still be hungry so Mum went to bed and Dad checked on me a couple of times over the next 2 hours while I continued to scream. I finally fell asleep about 10.30pm and then slept until mum woke me for a feed at 3.30pm. So my first trip to church was probably more stressful than mum and dad wanted but they are glad we did it anyway.

I've been a little bit grumbly today but not too bad given I didn't get all my sleep last night. Mum's hoping that I sleep well tonight so she can catch up on some sleep. We'll see...

See you later...
Roman

No comments: