Saturday, September 8, 2007

Chocolate and sleep

Hi All,

Well - I went really well at my Maternal Child nurse visit. I've put on 600gms in 2 weeks which is really good. The nurse told mum that she should keep doing whatever she is doing (I think I heard mum say under her breath "bring on the Lindt Mint Intense chocolate").My head's grown a bit and I'm a bit longer. Mum wonders whether all my growing hurts me...

Then we went into Southbank for mum's lunch. I slept in the car on the way in to the city, then in the pram on the way to the restaurant. Then I slept while mum had lunch and although I woke up a couple of times (mum could tell because the pram starts rocking) I kept going back to sleep. Mum then did her first public breastfeed and she was very discreet - no flashing of boobs or anything (she did practise at home for how she would do it). So the outing went extremely well, better than mum expected.

We then went and picked dad up and went home. Because I'd been out all day I was pretty ratty until my bed time so mum and dad were expecting a pretty icky night. When mum was trying to give me my 6:15pm feed I think I was hungry and tired in equal measure so I wouldn't feed properly and when she put me down for sleep I wouldn't sleep either. But I went to sleep by 7pm and didn't wake until 1:30am. Then after my feed I went back to sleep until 6:30am. So another awesome night!

Dad is going to get the thing we need to put photos up again today so stay tuned for some photos (including one where I have a huge smile on my face!!)

Love to all,
Roman

No comments: