Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Child Birth Class Reunion

Hi All,

Last night we went back to Box Hill hospital to have a reunion with all the mums and dads from child birth class. Unfortunately only 4 families came which was a shame. The mums shared their birth stories with everyone (they are quite shocking - it's surprising my mum even likes me after what I put her through...).

We were in a bit of a rush to make it on time so mum thought we'd skip my bath and just go straight to the feeding part so we could get to the reunion on time. Unfortunately mum and dad have taught me that I should expect naked tummy time, then bath, then boobie, then bed. So mum was feeding me and I was cross because she'd skipped the bath step. I was NOT going to get nice and sleepy like she wanted because she broke the rules. So after about 20 minutes of me being cross and not feeding well and definitely not getting sleepy (and with only 10 minutes to go before we had to leave) mum realised the error of her ways and she got dad to give me a super fast bath. He basically just dunked me and got me out again!! WHAT"S GOING ON??!! I may be small but I'm not stupid. What about the kicking and splashing and smiling and swimming around??? You can't just dunk me and think I'll be fooled. So I did NOT get sleepy and go to sleep like they hoped for. We went to our reunion with me wide awake and a little bit grumpy. After a bit of dad walking me around I fell asleep. When we got home at about 9pm mum fed me again and I decided that they had probably learnt their lesson and I went down without so much as a whimper.

So, dear mum and dad - DON'T BREAK THE RULES...

Bye,
Roman

No comments: