Monday, August 11, 2008

What a week!!

Hi All,

Well, it's been a week since my birthday and a lot has happened... I'll try and start at the beginning.

Mum was thinking that since I did my first roll on my dedication day it only seemed appropriate that I did something big on my birthday too. To keep her happy I took my first step. Now just to be clear, it was a teeny tiny little step. From the couch to mum. But a little step none the less. Since then I have taken a couple more little steps. Sometimes two in a row. Mum and dad try to encourage me to take steps by standing me up and then standing just a little bit outside my reach (don't think I don't know what they're doing...). Most of the time I make them laugh by sitting down and crawling over (hah!!) but sometimes I have a go at walking over.

Mum had wanted me to be completely weaned off the boobie by my first birthday but she missed my a couple of days. Anyway, I now drink all my milk from a cup. I drink it a LOT faster than from mum but I can pretty much hold the cup all by myself (sometimes I need help for the last little bit at the end).

We went to Bairnsdale for the weekend so I could have ANOTHER birthday party with my Grandma and Grandad, and Uncle Justin, Aunty Leonnie, Natalya and Lachlan. I get to sleep in a little room right next to Grandma and Grandad when I go to Bairnsdale. This means that I have to be very good at night time. Both nights I slept until 7am. Then Grandad gets me out of my bed and then I get to have cuddles in bed with Grandma until mum shows up with my cup of milk. Mum is very jealous because both mornings I laid next to Grandma for 20 minutes without squirming or crawling or screaming for my milk. At home I wouldn't do this for 20 seconds...


I had a lovely party and I got MORE presents. I am a very lucky boy who has a LOT of toys!
When we got back to Melbourne dad had to do some manly work in the garden so I got to help (I am 1 after all). It was cold and wet and muddy. Mum doesn't like these things but I LOVE THEM!!! I got all dirty but I had so much fun. Mum chucked me in the bath straight after and all the dirt came straight off.



So that's my big week. I'm sure I'll have another one this week.

Bye for now,
Roman

No comments: