Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Terrible news

Hi All,

I have some terrible news. It happened a couple of weeks ago but it's taken me this long to be able to tell you about it. It is truly shocking so please be prepared (you may even want to make sure you are sitting down).

Mum and Dad announced to me a couple of weeks ago that I would only be able to watch the tv, or use the computer and ipad on the weekend. Shocking, I know. Unbelievable, actually. Crazy.

They said that because I would rather do those things than do kid things like play and read and create we needed to rebalance and the best way to do that was go cold turkey. I know that you are thinking that my parents are incredibly mean and totally unfair. To be honest, I agree. What is better than hopping in a basket and watching playschool?



I don't know...

So I've had to start making my own fun:
  • Like taking all my teddies, getting my cd player and rockin' out to music
  • Building cities out of my craft things
  • Playing lots of board games
  • Looking at mum's masterchef magazines
  • Having quiet time doing puzzle books and activity books
  • Helping mum do the cooking
I know what you're thinking - what kind of life is that for a 4 year old? I think for the moment I'm going to have to humour mum and dad (although my favourite question at the moment is, "Is it the weekend?"). The funny thing is often I get to the weekend and I have so much fun that I forget to ask to watch the tv and play on the ipad. I'm really going to have to work on that.

If you see my mum and dad, please could you tell them they are being unreasonable? Thank you in advance.

That's all for now,
Roman

No comments: