Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Friendly Roman

Hi All,

My mum and dad encourage me to be a friendly boy. For example when I'm at the park, I go up to the other children and say, "Hi, my name's Roman. What's your name?"

At swimming today I was feeling friendly so I went up to one of the other mums and had a chat. This was our conversation:

Roman: Hi! When I grow up... (I think she may have not heard this part of the conversation which may make the rest of the conversation worrying)
Roman (cont.): I'm going to fly to Canberra
Other mum: Oh really. Why is that?
Roman: I've got to go and earn some money
Other mum: What are you going to do with your money?
Roman: I've got to pay for our house
Other mum: Oh
Roman: Yep, and buy our food. And pay for kinder.
Other mum: OK

I know about what money gets used for because every day when we take dad to the train station Mum and I have this conversation:
Roman: Why does daddy have to go to work?
Mum: To earn money
Roman: Why?
Mum: To pay for our house and our food
Roman: What else?
Mum: So Mummy and Roman get to do fun things together like swimming and Sporteka
Roman: When I grow up and you and daddy are small, I will go to work and get money to pay for our house and food.
Mum: Sounds like a plan

That's all for now,
Roman

No comments: