Monday, June 4, 2012

MS walk

Hi All,

Yesterday we picked up Steve and Phoebe and headed off to Albert Park Lake to do the 5 km MS Walk with Uncle Tim and Aunty Leanne.


We walked around the lake. I collected rocks and stones and bark and threw them all into the lake. Sometimes I threw them too close to the swans. Oops. The 5km walk around the lake took us 3 hours. By the last kilometre I was getting VERY hungry because mum didn't pack any snacks. I saw some people having a picnic and I told mum that I was going to get some food from them but she wouldn't let me. This made me cry.

I saw a clown on the track and he asked me if I would like a balloon animal. I asked for a zebra. He said that was too tricky and that he could make me a butterfly instead. As I walked away with my butterfly I said to mum, "I should have told that clown that my dad can make better balloon animals than him." Unfortunately my butterfly flew away a couple of minutes later and popped.

Then we got close the finish line. Now, I don't mean to brag or anything but I'm pretty sure I won because when I got to the finish line there was no one else around and I crossed first. I tried to tell people that I had won but everyone was busy cheering for Uncle Tim (even though I beat him).

So that was my weekend!

And yes - I realise that I haven't posted in a while, thanks to Miriam, Phoebe, Charlie and Papa for the gentle (or not so gentle) reminders.

That's all for now,
Roman





No comments: